Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or to be gathered by BUYSKYPRO.COM is controlled primarily by ABOTOA LDA, the data controller, Rua de Fundões,151, São João da Madeira, Portugal, the data processor.
What Personal Information About Customers Does BUYSKYPRO.COM Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at BUYSKYPRO.COM. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as ”Saved for Later” lists and customer reviews and recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our store and platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our Web site and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future shopping for you, improving our store, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses BUYSKYPRO.COM or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of BUYSKYPRO.COM on other Web sites
- E-mail Communications: to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from BUYSKYPRO.COM if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Communication Preferences at the My Account page.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
- What About Cookies? Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as Express Checkout purchasing, personalized greetings, personalized advertisements on other Web sites (e.g., SKYPRO SHOES associates or affiliates with content served by BUYSKYPRO.COM) and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Does BUYSKYPRO.COM share the Information it receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others,
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the Portuguese’s Data Protection Act.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of BUYSKYPRO.COM customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Customer Preferences.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise)..
- Protection of BUYSKYPRO.COM and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of BUYSKYPRO.COM, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
BUYSKYPRO.COM gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with BUYSKYPRO.COM for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. This list will change as our Web site evolves.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such BUYSKYPRO.COM features as My Account, Promotions, Saved for Later and Customer Reviews.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the "Which Information Can I Access?" section above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Communication Preferences. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of BUYSKYPRO.COM and orders placed with BUYSKYPRO.COM, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
Are Children Allowed to Use BUYSKYPRO.COM?
BUYSKYPRO.COM does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use BUYSKYPRO.COM only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Notices and Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at BUYSKYPRO.COM, please e-mail us a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail occasionally reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, bid, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you: search for a product; place an order through BUYSKYPRO.COM; provide information in My Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; compile Saved for Later lists and provide and rate Reviews. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; address and phone number; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped (including addresses and phone numbers); people (with addresses and phone numbers) listed in Express Checkout settings and the content of reviews and e-mails to us; the personal description in My Account and financial information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include: updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising or other services; and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at BUYSKYPRO.COM include: up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications, address book and Express Checkout settings); payment settings (including credit-card information), e-mail notification settings, recommendations (including recent product-view history, prior-order history) and My Account (including your product Reviews).